Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Track List - #totalrequestride, Wednesday, September 30, 2015

1. I Just Wanna Dance (video) - Alison Jiear (from "Jerry Springer: The Opera")(Manny Patel Equality Mix 2013)
2. Gibberish (video) - MAX featuring Hoodie Allen
3. Pump It (video) - Black Eyed Peas
4. Drag Me Down (remix) - One Direction
5. Play Hard - David Guetta featuring Ne-Yo & Akon
6. Dirty Work - Austin Mahone
7. Drop That - Jacob Plant (from the "Home" soundtrack)
8. Black Magic - Little Mix
9. Levels (remix) - Nick Jonas
10. Shake Senora - Pitbull featuring T-Pain & Sean Paul
Cool Down:
11. Can't Sleep Love - Pentatonix
12. No Sleep (remix) - Janet Jackson

A dance video from "Jerry Springer: The Opera"?!?! Is that even a thing? Yes it is! #jerryspringertheopera It was a big hit in London. Not so much here in the States. But from it comes this amazing song. One of my favorite spin songs. And a favorite of many of my Ride with Tommy! regulars! In the musical, it is about a woman pursuing her life's dream of becoming a exotic dancer. However, it quickly became an unofficial anthem for the gay community having dealt with the AIDS epidemic. "I'm tired of laughing and I'm tired of crying, I'm tired of failing and I'm tired of all this trying, I wanna do some living, Cause I've done enough dying, I just wanna dance, I just wanna f***ing dance!" The song itself starts slow and builds to a wild and fast pace. The video compiles snippets of dancing throughout a history of movies and television. It is so much fun! I love the video. I love the message. I love the song! And what a way to start this week's #totalrequestride! Then we followed this epic video with a new song by MAX, whose songs I have been playing for a while now. He is an actor and singer from the Nickolodeon world, modeled with Madonna on a Dolce & Gabbana campaign, and has become a Youtube star along with his cousin Kirk Schneider. I've played several of their covers as cool downs. But this song and video are a lot of fun and provide a great uptempo beat which is great to ride to! And then you can never go wrong for high energy and fun with a Black Eyed Peas video, in this case, "Pump It". Then after we finished playing the videos in the beginning of class, I tried to keep the fun and energy going with the remainder of the track list. And the riders in class certainly brought the energy, focus and determination to make an amazing difference today! If you haven't participated in a #totalrequestride yet, come join us @crunchgym on Sunset! An intense, form-focused and fun workout! Hope to see you in class soon! Until then, in good health, tommy

No comments: