Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Track List - #totalrequestride, Wednesday, September 10, 2014

1. Happy Days Are Here Again/Get Happy - Billy Porter featuring Cyndi Lauper
2. Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
3. Every Heartbeat (remix) - Amy Grant
4. Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
5. Bang! Bang! (mashup cover) - Blake McIver
6. Blurry - Puddle Of Mud
7. The Pretender - The Foo Fighters
8. Maps - Maroon 5
9. Break Free (remix) - Ariana Grande featuring Zedd
10. Secrets (remix) - Mary Lambert
11. It Gets Better - Blake McIver
12. Invisible - Hunter Hayes
13. Invisible ((RED) edit) - U2

Variety. I have always tried to play a variety of the most popular and inspiring music in my classes. And I stress variety. I try not to stray too far away from the mainstream. I read Billboard magazine to see what is at the top of the charts. I listen to radio and numerous online music resources to find out what is at the top of their charts. I do this so that in every class, at some point, almost everyone in class can hear a song that they like or are extremely motivated by. I know it is impossible to please everyone all of the time, but I really try to please everyone at least at some point in class. And the music styles at the top of the charts change over time. It is almost cyclical. For a while, rock can top the charts (Van Halen, Rush, KISS, etc.) Soon thereafter, alternative rock ("Seattle grunge": Nirvana, Soundgarten, Pearl Jam, etc.) can rule the charts. Sometimes, it is "bubblegum" pop (such as Britney, Christina, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, etc.) or boybands ('nsync, Backstreet Boys, One Direction, 5 Seconds Of Summer, etc.) that are most popular. And of course, rap/hip-hop/R&B can be the top-sellers at certain times, too. And it is not uncommon for me to reach back in time to find great music from the 80s and 90s to throw into the mix. And of course, I love mashups as they often will bring two or more completely different songs possibly from two different eras and blend them together for a smooth combination of fun and motivating beats. I love music. And I love to teach. So to be able to do what I do, to help people reach their goals, to play DJ for 45 minutes while making riders sweat and burn calories, is truly an amazing opportunity. And I do not take this opportunity for granted. I am grateful for everyone who takes part in one of my classes. I am inspired and motivated by the riders in my classes. And this morning's track list is especially..."eclectic" I like to call it...as I continue to provide a variety of music that inspires, motivates, encourages and allows riders to get results and have fun! It is this that I wish for each of you in class. I hope to share this experience with you, to ride this journey with you, to make the positive changes and differences as you move closer to achieving your goals, along with you. We can do it! Together! As individuals riding together as part of a larger group. In a group fitness room. So let's reach higher. Reach for more. And ride. And have fun doing it! In good health, tommy

No comments: