Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Track List - The Spirit Day Ride, Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 8:00am

1. Take Me To Church (video) - Hozier
2. Unholy (video) - Sam Smith featuring Kim Petras
3. Ex's & Oh's (video) - Elle King
4. Born This Way (remix) - Lady GaGa
5. Express Yourself - Madonna
6. Proud - Heather Small
7. Perfect (remix) - Pink
8. We Are The Night (Dave Aude Remix)(video) - Steve Grand
9. I Just Wanna Dance (video) - Alison Jiear (from "Jerry Springer: The Opera")(Manny Patel Equality Mix 2013)
Cool Down:
10. Total Eclipse Of The Heart (video) - Bonnie Tyler

Tomorrow is Spirit Day 2022! I know, it seems like the month of October is full of special days. Well, if you ask me, that makes October that much more special! We have recognized National Coming Out Day on October 11th. We help raise awareness of Breast Cancer and the continued need for research the entire month by "Wearing Pink, Playing Pink, and Thinking Pink!" So today, I once again played some of my favorite Pride songs as Spirit Day aims to create awareness for the bullying and harassment that the LGBTQ community faces - especially our LGBTQ youth. Playing some of my favorite Pride songs is intended to remind those that identify as LGBTQ that it is indeed something to be proud of. Yes, unfortunately, living out and proud often draws negative and unwanted attention. But as it is often said, if people have a problem with an LGBTQ individual, the problem is more with them than the LGBTQ person. Of course, I do not want to be naive to the point that if a person is bullied or harassed just because of their orientation or identity, it is indeed a problem for all of us. Because it is also said that none of us are equal until we are all equal. But the primary idea behind Spirit Day is to let LGBTQ youth know that we have their backs. The organization, GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation), has resources available to be downloaded. You can visit their website and take the Spirit Day pledge! Wear purple! Donate! If I can do even just a little bit to help raise awareness of breast cancer or support LGBTQ youth in my little spin class in my little way, then I am more than happy to do it. So I am more than happy to play Pride songs to show support for the 2022 Spirit Day tomorrow, Thursday, October 20, 2022. I'll be wearing purple. I hope you will, too! And don't forget, it is less than two weeks until Halloween!

No comments: