Thursday, April 10, 2008

Track List - Sexy Spin, Thursday, April 10, 2008

1. Seasons Of Love (remix) - Rent
2. Girl From The Gutter - Kina
3. Good And Broken - Miley Cyrus
4. All Around Me - Flyleaf
5. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (remix) - Whitney Houston
6. We Belong Together (remix) - Mariah Carey
7. Identified - Vanessa Hudgens
8. What About Now - Daughtry
9. Don't Stop (All Night) (remix) - Janet Jackson
10. Fly Like A Bird - Mariah Carey
11. Breathe Me - Sia

Okay, I just want to point out that Sexy Spin is something that I came up with almost 2 years ago to make class just a little more interesting and exciting for those that had to workout before work and when class was at 6:30 in the morning. It was intended to be just as intense, but a little more fun, silly, sweaty, sexy, etc. I figured I would make it worth hitting that snooze button one less time or two by encouraging all the hot, sexy, sweaty men in class to take their shirts off - something that I thought would make class a little more interesting for all the women and gay men in class! In turn, I figured the straight guys would love seeing the sexy women who loved seeing the sexy, shirtless men. For this, I obtained special permission from management at Crunch, but it is not officially recognized/sanctioned/promoted/encouraged by Crunch. It all started as a kind of underground thing.

Well, now that Sexy Spin has been moved to 7:00am, the numbers are increasing! More people are sweating, taking their shirts off, working just as hard, having more fun, and becoming more sexy - both mentally and physically! I can't tell you how much fun it is for me to see so many hot, sweaty, sexy bodies (both male and female!) working so intensely and having so much fun doing so! It inspires me! It encourages me to work harder to make class more challenging and more fun! However, as always, I thoroughly stress the importance of safety in class so that it is as challenging as possible to experienced riders, accessible as possible to newcomers, and the workout is as safe, efficient and productive as possible for everyone!

Crunch has asked me to make sure that everyone knows that this is the type of environment present in Sexy Spin. It is not for everyone. But if it sound like it is, then I encourage you to attend Sexy Spin on Thursday mornings at Crunch at 7:00am!

If you are not a Crunch member, send me an email or post a comment and I'll put all first-timers on my guest list! You can even stay after class and workout to see if Crunch may be the gym for you! If so, I can get you a special Sexy Spin deal!

If you would like to be on my weekly Sexy Spin email (with now famous 'visual motivation!'), post a comment with your email address, and I'll make sure you receive it!

This week's music for Sexy Spin was partially inspired from American Idol's 'Idol Gives Back.' One of my favorite parts of the show was Chris Daughtry's clip set to his song, 'What About Now.' I said it would make a great hill and wanted to use it asap! I loved Mariah's performance of 'Fly Like A Bird' as well as the idols singing 'Seasons Of Love' from Rent (one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite shows of all time!) I was so impressed by Miley Cyrus's performance skills on the show! I can't believe she's only 15! I loved her song 'Good And Broken', so I included it on this morning's track list, too. I found a great remix of Whitney's 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' (refer back to my fun, silly and sexy reference for Sexy Spin music!) And Kina is performing at Here Lounge on Sunday night (at my friend Tom Whitman's Stoli Music Series at Size Sundays), so I had to include one of my favorites by her, 'Girl From The Gutter'!

Okay, I've rambled enough. Thanks for listening. And thanks for your support of my classes. I hope to see you in the next one!

In good health,

tommy

No comments: