Monday, April 07, 2008

Track List - Saturday, April 5, 2008

1. Stamp Your Feet - Donna Summer
2. Rock Wit U - Ashanti
3. Lollipop - Lil Wayne featuring Static Major
4. How I Feel - Kelly Clarkson
5. Touch My Body (remix) - Mariah Carey
6. Love In This Club - Usher featuring Young Jeezy
7. See You Again - Miley Cyrus
8. 4 Minutes (Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)
9. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
10. Beat It - Fall Out Boy
11. Thriller - Stone Roses
12. Billie Jean - Chris Cornell

So, I opened with an as-yet-unreleased (thanks, d!) new single from Donna Summer (whom I love!) I saw her perform in Orlando last summer and she was off the hook! She performed in a light rain, and, yes!, she did sing MacArthur Park ("someone left my cake out in the rain...") She even had one of her guys standing behind her holding a little umbrella over her to keep her dry. Nothing was going to stop her from performing! Her show was followed by a spectacular fireworks show. So, I have to say it was one of my all-time favorite evenings!
Congrats to Mariah for moving ahead of Elvis to take sole possession of 2nd place in history for the most #1 singles as "Touch My Body" moves into #1 on the Billboard chart. She is just behind the Beatles who are in 1st place with 20!
And congrats to Madonna for also moving ahead of Elvis to claim 1st place in history for the most top 10 singles! "4 Minutes" with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland moves to #3 this week!
Yes, I have included a little "bubble gum" for everyone this week - Miley Cyrus's "See You Again". I had been hearing the song on the radio before I knew who the artist was. I thought, "That would make a great run!" When I found out it was Miley, well, I was hoping anyone in their 'tweens (or their moms!)that takes my class will appreciate it!
Finally, yes, it does appear that I have created a mini-tribute to Michael Jackson. Yes, it started a couple of weeks ago when David Cook covered Chris Cornell's cover of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean". I love it! So then I heard Fall Out Boy's cover of "Beat It" on the radio and thought it would be a great run (which it did indeed turn out to be!) So after a little searching, I found Ashanti's cover of "Rock Wit U" and The Stone Roses's cover of "Thriller" which was surprisingly "lounge-y" and a great cool-down! Whatever you think of MJ, you can't deny his ability to make hits that last! So, here is my shout out to him!

Have a great weekend, and as always, thank you all for your support!

In good health,

tommy

No comments: