Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Track List - Peak Performance Ride, Tuesday, September 13, 2016

1. #wheresthelove - The Black Eyed Peas + The World featuring Mary J. Blige, Andra Day, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass, Von Miller, etc.
2. Work (Megamix)(mashup) - DJ Andy Wu featuring Britney, Rihanna, Fifth Harmony, Beyonce, Nicki, Missy and Jennifer Lopez
3. Make Me (remix) - Britney Spears
4. Beautiful - David Hernandez
5. Hello Friday - Flo Rida featuring Jason Derulo
6. Closer - The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey
7. Don't Mind - Kent Jones
8. Kill 'Em With Kindness (remix) - Selena Gomez
9. If You Could Read My Mind - Starz On 54
Cool Down:
10. Settin' The World On Fire - Kenny Chesney & Pink
11. Over The Rainbow - Todrick Hall

For those of you that have taken my classes over any length of time, you know that I like to celebrate the events and happenings in our lives that are positive. And in yesterday's Threshold Ride, we certainly had something positive to celebrate! Joelle celebrated her birthday and recovery from breast cancer! Two life events that are definitely worth celebrating! Happy birthday and congrats on beating cancer, Joelle! So happy for you and grateful to see you back in class! I look forward to riding with you for a long time to come!

Also, I announced in class both yesterday and this morning that Crunch has just introduced a 12-week Get Fit Challenge! I just signed up for it yesterday. Won't you join me? Set your goals and crush them! Personal training sessions, weekly bootcamps, nutrition plans, cash prizes & more! Ask me, the front desk, any sales rep or your favorite personal trainer for more details! Tell them I sent you! $199 for the entire 12 weeks! Let's do this!

And as far as the music goes, well, you know that I always like to celebrate with music. Last week we observed Labor Day. So it should come as no surprise that I incorporated a few "work" related songs. My favorite is a mashup by DJ Andy Wu featuring songs that will make you sweat by Britney, Fifth Harmony, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Missy Elliott, Jennifer Lopez, Olivia Newton-John, and many others. I hope you enjoyed it, too! And my current obsession is the new version of the Black Eyed Peas hit from 2003 retitled "#wheresthelove?". I love the way the song has been redone (almost more than I liked the original version!) The song and video are filled with guest appearances from so many of the hottest artists and other well-known figures of today including the amazing voices of Mary J. Blige, Andra Day, Usher, Jessie J, Nicole Scherzinger and Justin Timberlake as well as the brief flash of instantly recognizable faces of Lance Bass, Connie Britton, Quincy Jones, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and (former Texas A&M football player, former Dancing with the Star contestant, current Denver Bronco and last year's Super Bowl MVP) Von Miller! Unfortunately, this song's message is as relevant now as it was back in 2003 when the song was written following the horrible events of 9/11 in 2001. Fortunately, will.i.am has brought the message back and is committing all proceeds to his i.am.angel Foundation, a non-profit foundation that is transforming lives through education, inspiration and opportunity.

Well, I hope to see you in class soon! Let's celebrate the positive in the world by making positive changes in our lives! And you can do that right here with me in the Ride with Tommy! Until next time, in good health! tommy

No comments: