Thursday, December 10, 2015

Track List - Sexy Spin "Battle of the Divas", Thursday, December 10, 2015

1. Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
2. Express Yourself - Madonna
3. Umbrella - Rihanna featuring Jay-Z
4. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
5. Born This Way - Lady Gaga
6. Don't Forget About Us (remix) - Mariah Carey
7. Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
8. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce'
9. It's Not Right, But It's Okay - Whitney Houston
10. Enough Is Enough (No More Tears) - Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer
Cool Down:
11. I'm Going Down - Mary J. Blige
12. I Didn't Know My Own Strength - Whitney Houston
13. One Fine Day - Mariah Carey featuring Boyz II Men
14. Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Madonna

So I've never done one of these "Battle of..." classes before. When Crunch asked if I wanted to do one, I jumped at the chance. I thought it would be fun! And, especially after yesterday's post, we all know how much I try to make my classes fun! So then I began to choose the divas. Well, as I went through the usual suspects, I kept saying to myself, "Oh, I also need to include this one!" So I ended up using all of them! 12 divas! 14 songs. One duet. And I repeated 3 divas in the cool down. And I held one to the cool down only. It was a lot of fun putting the track list together, but a lot harder than I thought it would be. So many choices! And most of the songs tended up being of the "flashback" variety. I mean, a diva has be established! And in addition to choosing the song for being best for a specific challenge, I also wanted to include one of each diva's biggest hits. This makes the challenge more fun and also, I think, easier to really commit to the challenge when the song is powerful and one that the rider can really get into! So, this morning was my first attempt at a "Battle of..." class. It may or may not be my last. But I had fun doing it! I hope everyone had fun riding to it! Thanks to everyone for being there, being a part and working so hard! See you next time. And next Thursday, December 17th at 7:00am will be the annual Extra Special "Give The Shirt Off Your Back" Sexy Spin. Sexy Santa will be there again. And we'll also collect clothing (not JUST the shirt off your back!) for the LA Gay & Lesbian Center's Homeless Youth Program. A great tradition! A great class! A great cause! See you then! Until then, in good health, tommy

No comments: