Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Track List - #totalrequestride, Wednesday, August 3, 2016

1. Music Sounds Better With You (video) - Stardust
2. Control (video) - Janet Jackson
3. Stomp (video) - God's Property featuring Kirk Franklin's Nu Nation
4. I Want You Back (video) - 'Nsync
5. Things Just Ain't The Same - Deborah Cox
6. Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
7. Purple Medley - Prince
8. It's No Good - Depeche Mode
9. Coming Back - DJ Dado
Cool Down:
10. I'm Goin' Down - Mary J. Blige
11. How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes

18 years. I have had the honor, the pleasure, the job of teaching indoor cycling for 18 years! I taught my first class on August 2, 1998 at Todd Tramp's BodySculpting LA on the northeast corner of La Cienega Boulevard and Melrose Avenue. I worked behind the front desk there. I managed the gym (a personal training gym) and then managed the indoor cycling program. I started teaching there and since then have taught at many gyms across Los Angeles. Not long after that initial class, I started teaching at Crunch Fitness on the world famous Sunset Strip in Hollywood, CA, where I still teach today. I am thankful for Kendell Hogan who believed enough to hire me at Crunch, has had my back and still supports my instruction there today! I have gone on to teach at Equinox, Gold's, Sportivo, Meridien and Universal Studios. I have taught alongside Todd Tramp, Andrea Lawent (Made In LA Fitness), Debby Rocker, Janet Fitzgerald (SoulCycle), John Terlingo (Terlingo Cycle - Dallas, TX), Jim Barcena, Stacey Griffith (SoulCycle), Bob Harper (The Biggest Loser), Nick Hounslow (Cycle House, E! Television's "Hollywood Cycle"). I have led classes in which Nicole Kidman, Christina Applegate, Queen Latifah, Lisa Rinna, George Wendt, Angie Everhart, Ryan Seacrest, (just to name a few) were in attendance. And a lot has changed since that first class. I got married to the love of my life, Rich Vaughn. We have 8-year old twin boys, Aiden & Austin. I have gone from teaching 14-15 classes a week at 3-4 different gyms to currently teaching just 4 classes a week exclusively at Crunch Fitness - Sunset. But most of all, I am so proud and grateful to have had the opportunity to help people live happier, healthier lives. I stayed true to my beliefs as an instructor, believing that a focus on form and fun, safety and intensity, and a variety of challenges and music help to make the best class possible that produces the best and most results possible. When I started, I had no idea that 18 years later I would still be teaching. Now, I can't imagine my life having not been an instructor. I have made friendships that have lasted and will last a lifetime. I have learned, grown and changed for the better. And I'm not done yet. I have so many people that still inspire me. I still have goals to reach. There are still milestones to achieve. Thanks to everyone who has supported me along my journey. And if you haven't tried a class yet, what are you waiting for?!?! I hope to see you in class soon! In good health, tommy

No comments: