Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Track List - #totalrequestride, Wednesday, July 22, 2015

1. Born This Way (video) - Lady Gaga
2. Umbrella (video) - Rihanna
3. Pump It (video) - Black Eyed Peas
4. Hey Mama (video) - David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj
5. Shake It Off (video) - Taylor Swift
6. Lay Me Down (remix) - Sam Smith featuring John Legend
7. Geronimo - Sheppard
8. Take Me Home - Wild Style
9. Bright (remix) - Echosmith
10. Shut Up And Dance - Walk The Moon
Cool Down:
11. Lay Me Down - Sam Smith featuring John Legend
12. Bright - Echosmith
13. Take Your Time - Sam Hunt

Have fun while you work out! That is a goal of each of my #totalrequestride classes @crunchgym. We play fun, high energy music videos at the beginning of class each week. Just to get the blood pumpin', the energy up, the bodies warmed up and ready to work out! Then we get down to business and focus on the work! I try to include fun in all of my classes here at Crunch Fitness - Sunset​...even while we focus so much of our energy on the intensity and the work. To make the time that you are struggling go by so much faster! Instead of getting all bogged down in the weight of what you are supposed to do and what you are supposed to be accomplishing, I feel it is crucial to lighten things up a bit at the same time. So that you don't get frustrated. So that you don't get bored. So that you don't quit. The music is usually the primary catalyst for adding the fun. But even a quick, light comment to make you smile or even laugh can provide that slight, brief, momentary "distraction" - not from the form, pace, resistance or movement - but from the intensity of the challenge. Just for a split second. Just for fun. Just to change things up a bit. And if you can smile while you work out, then I think that's all the better! Of course, none of this is to take away from the necessary work! In no way is this intended to mean that my classes are too light or too much about the fun or even just for beginners! Absolutely not! It is my job as the instructor to create a class that is accessible as possible to beginners but at the same time, as challenging as possible for the experienced riders! Yes, I love to welcome newcomers to class and I feel it is extremely important to spend a little extra time helping them get set up correctly as well as to teach them proper form. I want them to get as much out of their first classes as I want experienced riders to get out of theirs! I want newcomers to come back and eventually be experienced riders! So I feel it is my job to do as much of this as I can in each of my classes. I feel it is vital for me as an instructor to welcome, help, train and challenge those new to spinning as well as it is to push the he!! out of those that have been spinning for a while! And of course, adding a little levity to the process to help everyone get results and have a good time is also a requirement for me. I want to make you sweat! I want to make you smile! I want you to make those changes in your mind and in your body that you are so willing to work so hard for! So come and work out and smile in the Ride with Tommy! Hope to see you all in class soon! Until then, in good health! tommy

No comments: