Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Track List - #totalrequestride, Wednesday, July 30, 2014

1. Partition (remix) - Beyonce'
2. Jealous (remix) - Chromeo
3. Telephone (remix) - Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce'
4. Chandelier (remix) - Sia
5. Me And My Girlfriend - Jay-Z featuring Beyonce'
6. Turn Down For What - DJ Snake & Lil Jon
7. Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys
8. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce'
9. Brave (DJs Blackow & Figares remix) - Sara Bareilles
10. Ring The Alarm (remix) - Beyonce'
11. Halo - Beyonce'
12. Chasing Cars That Way (mashup) - DJs Dan Mei & Marc Johnce featuring Snow Patrol & The Backstreet Boys
13. At Last - Beyonce'

I get my inspiration for music choices from some very interesting places. Of course, with the #totalrequestride, the initial inspiration comes from your requests. This summer, as the #totalreqeustride consists of 3 video requests that come from CRUNCH members across the country, I try to play those requests as long as they don't sacrifice the authenticity of the Ride with Tommy! In the case of this morning's class, the original wording of some of the requests were "ANYTHING" from Beyonce' and "ANYTHING" from the Backstreet Boys. Well, this was very easy for me as I have always loved the Backstreet Boys and there are so many great Beyonce' songs. So I decided to play a FEW songs from Beyonce' and a FEW songs from the Backstreet Boys. It almost became a theme! The 3rd video request was for Sara Bareilles' "Brave". I love the remix that my good friend DJ Blacklow made so I used that version. One of the favorite songs of both my sons, Aiden and Austin, happens to be DJ Snake & Lil Jon's "Turn Down For What". They heard it while at Sports Camp earlier this summer. I included it so we could listen to my class track list while on the way to drop them off at summer camp. They loved it and were so excited I was going to play one of their favorite songs in my class! I always love a fun song with a hard, driving beat to it and this is just one of those songs! So, I love that I have the opportunity to teach a class that can so often do so much good for those that Ride with me where I get to be somewhat of a DJ by creating a playlist that is made up of a variety of fun, motivating, beat-driven music! I am so lucky! Thanks to all of you that Ride with me and give me the honor of being an instructor and quite possibly changing lives for the better! I hope to see you in class soon! Request it! Ride to it! Let's do it! Ride with Tommy! In good health, tommy

No comments: