Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Track List - Women's History Month Ride, Tuesday, March 26, 2024, 9:00am

1. I Am Woman (dance remix from the movie "Trick")(video) - Jessica Williams
2. MacArthur Park (video) - Donna Summer
3. God Is A DJ (video) - Pink
4. No More Drama - Mary J. Blige
5. Self Control (remix) - Laura Branigan
6. Are You That Somebody? - Aaliyah
7. Proud Mary - Tina Turner
8. Whitney Megamix - DJs Jody Den Broeder & Warren Rigg featuring Whitney Houston
9. Deeper Love - Aretha Franklin
Cool Down:
10. Halo - Beyonce
11. Waterfalls - TLC

Well today is the last Ride with Tommy! during Women's History Month. And what a Ride to go out with! I recently came across this dance remix cover of Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman" by Jessica Williams from the 1999 movie, "Trick". Wow what a flashback. I loved this movie. And the two lead actors worked out at Crunch, JP Pitoc and Christian Campbell (Neve Campbell's brother. She starred in "Party of 5" and the "Scream" movies). So when I recently heard it, I thought I absolutely have to play this as part of one of my Women's History Month track lists! And as I mentioned in last week's class, I was planning on ending the month on a strong note with some strong women artists! Donna Summer's "MacArthur Park" is one of my favorites. And I often tell the story of hearing her perform this very song live at Gay Days at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Singing "someone left my cake out in the rain" in the actual rain! I treasure that memory! And an early hit from one of my favorite female artists, Pink! Mary J. Blige's "No More Drama" also known as the theme from TV's "The Young & The Restless"! And another favorite fierce female, Tina Turner's "Proud Mary". And a megamix of Whitney's hits. And the Queen of Soul herself, Aretha Franklin singing "A Deeper Love"!

I've had so much fun putting these track lists together. It was easy with so many amazing female artists from which to choose! Or shoud I say, it was difficult choosing only the number of hits to make up the track list for a class out of so many! I had so much fun Riding with so many of you working so hard to make a positive change. In yourselves. In your bodies. In your minds. In (and out) of class. So thank you to all of the women (and men) that rode with me this month and in the past 25 years! And for the amazing artists to whom we rode! And to women every where who are amazing, fierce, strong, inspirational, motivational, powerful. Just by being yourselves. So thank you! And just because Women's History Month is over, does not mean I will stop playing songs by incredible female artists. Don't worry. I will be playing them all year long!

So I look forward to seeing all of you in class soon!

In good health,

Tommy

No comments: