Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Track List - Women's History Month Ride, Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 9:00am

1. We Can't Be Dancing On Our Own (Hollywood Tramp Remix)(mashup) - DJ Hollywood Tramp featuring Ariana Grande & Robyn
2. A Texas Holiday (Hollywood Tramp Remix)(mashup) - DJ Hollywood Tramp featuring Beyonce & Madonna
3. I'm Every Woman (video) - Whitney Houston
4. Man I Feel Like A Woman (video) - Shania Twain
5. Break My Soul (The Queens Remix) - Beyonce & Madonna
6. Alive (remix) - Jennifer Lopez
7. Stronger (mashup) - Britney Spears & Kelly Clarkson
8. Fighter - Christina Aguilera
9. Time After Time (remix) - Cyndi Lauper
10. Enough Is Enough (No More Tears) - Donna Summer & Barbara Streisand
Cool Down:
11. Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
12. Alive - Jennifer Lopez

So this morning's Ride in honor of Women's History Month started with two mashups that I came across over this past weekend by a dj named Hollywood Tramp. Which is no relation to Todd Tramp, owner of the personal training gym and indoor cycling studio where I took my first spin class and taught my first spin class. On the northeast corner of La Cienega Boulevard and Melrose Avenue. It is no longer there, but for me, the legacy of that place lives on as strong as ever. Maybe STRONGER! And what better way to start a track list honoring Women's History Month than with two of the biggest names of women in music...Beyonce and Madonna. Not to mention another of the best and most successful voices in music today...Ariana Grande along with one of the greatest songs of all time by the very talented Robyn. Mashing up two of today's most current songs at the top of the pop charts, Beyonce's first foray into country music recently at #1 on the Billboard charts as of just two weeks ago, "Texas Hold 'Em" and Ariana's current #1 "We Can't Be Friends" with classics "Dancing On My Own" by Robyn and "Holiday" by Madonna. I always love a good mashup. And I really love these two!

Then I followed these two up with a couple of videos that I find perfectly fitting for today's track list. "I'm Every Woman" by one of the greatest voices of all time, Whitney Houston. And "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" by one of the most prolific country crossover female artists of all time, Shania Twain.

Completing the list with awesome and amazing female artists such as Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Cyndi Lauper, Donna Summer and Barbara Streisand. Wow! Can it get any better?

Thanks to everyone who made it to the Ride this morning and to everyone who has ever made it to a Ride with Tommy! in the past 25 years! I hope to see some of you next week! Until then, in good health!

tommy

No comments: