Thursday, August 21, 2014

Track List - Sexy Spin, Thursday, August 21, 2014

1. We Belong Together (remix) - Mariah Carey
2. Maps (remix) - Maroon 5 featuring Big Sean
3. I Dare You (remix) - Hardwell featuring Matthew Koma
4. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
5. The King Of ArtPop Megamix (mashup/concept album) - DJ Robin Skouteris featuring Michael Jackson & Lady Gaga
6. Time Of Our Lives - Paul Van Dyk
7. Fireball - Pitbull featuring John Ryan
8. Am I Wrong (In C Minor)(mashup) - DJs MixmstrStel & BringMeTheMashup featuring Nico & Vinz & 33 artists
9. Running Happy (mashup) - DJ Chocomang featuring Pharrell Williams & Airbourne
10. Fast Car (cover of Tracy Chapman) - Boyce Avenue
11. Life Of The Party - Shawn Mendes
12. Faithfully (cover of Journey) - Boyce Avenue

Sometimes a single song can inspire the entire track list for a class. Sometimes, that song is more of an event than just a song. This is one of those times. DJ Robin Skouteris has been one of my favorite mashup artists for a long time. When I came across his project of creating a "concept album" using the songs from Lady Gaga's ArtPop album and "mashing" them up with many of Michael Jackson's hits, I was very excited at the prospects. Then when I listened to the 9-minute Megamix, I was convinced that I had to incorporate it into class. Yes, it is a little longer than most songs I use, but I am always excited and always look forward to changing things up a bit. So, I incorporated the monumental 20-turn hill into the middle of class! Throwing some of the newest releases before and after it as well as a few flashbacks to round out the motivation, the challenges, and the fun helped make this morning's class one of my favorites. And it being Sexy Spin, well, when you work as hard as you all did in class this morning while keeping your positive energy, great attitude and desire to create a positive change, the sexy factor was through the roof! Thanks to all of you for making it all happen this morning! Let's do it all again tomorrow! Remember, Friday is the Red Line Ride at 9:30am. Hope to see you there! Until then, in good health, tommy

No comments: