Thursday, September 11, 2014

Track List - Sexy Spin, Thursday, September 11, 2014

1. Happy Days Are Here Again/Get Happy - Billy Porter featuring Cyndi Lauper
2. Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
3. Every Heartbeat (remix) - Amy Grant
4. Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
5. Bang! Bang! (mashup cover) - Blake McIver
6. Blurry - Puddle Of Mud
7. Good Vibrations - Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch
8. Maps - Maroon 5
9. Break Free (remix) - Ariana Grande featuring Zedd
10. Secrets (remix) - Mary Lambert
11. It Gets Better - Blake McIver
12. Invisible - Hunter Hayes
13. Invisible ((RED) edit) - U2

Wow. So much to say today. So many things going on. Kind of like the variety of music in this morning's track list. A little bit all over the place. But what a fun collection of "eclectic" songs to Ride to this morning! I absolutely love Billy Porter and Cyndi Lauper's cover and mix of "Happy Days Are Here Again/Get Happy"! Two amazing talents teaming up for a fun, hip and energetic rendition of a couple of oldies but goodies! Billy Porter won the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical, the musical being "Kinky Boots". Cyndi Lauper wrote the music and lyrics for "Kinky Boots" and she is of course one of my all time favorites. I love her! I played the remix of "Every Heartbeat", another track off of the remix album of Amy Grant's "In Motion: The Remixes". I love Amy Grant! I included a mashup/cover of "Bang Bang" by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj and "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" by Cher and/or Nancy Sinatra (depending on which version you know the best). The artist performing the mashup/cover of "Bang Bang" is Blake McIver, who starred as Waldo in 1994's "Little Rascals" and also in the series, "Full House". "Full House" was one of my favorite television shows...while I was in college! Yes, major (and embarassing) reveal there! Then there is one of my all-time favorites, "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch, led by Calvin Klein model and now renowned actor, Mark Wahlberg, who is brother to Donnie Wahlberg of the New Kids On The Block. During my table-waiting days, I actually waited on Mark several times and he was awesome and a great tipper! I remember he tipped me 50% one time! I loved Marky Mark! I love boy bands! I love Mark Wahlberg! (btw, did you see his family's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video? Too cute!) I included a new song, "Secrets" by Mary Lambert who provided the amazing vocals on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis's amazing song, "Same Love". Macklemore & Ryan Lewis sang "Same Love" at the 2014 Grammys to which 33 couples were married by officiant, Queen Latifah. My good friends Yawar and Jason were one of those couples married that night. Another song I included but as a cool down was another song by Blake McIver, "It Gets Better". This song was written with an anti-bullying theme in response to all the needless and horrific suicides and deaths that were occurring much too often by gay youth in response to senseless bullying. My second cool down was Hunter Hayes's "Invisible" which was also written based on the bullying he received growing up. Finally, another song titled "Invisible" by U2 which was a single that premiered at the Super Bowl and provided for free while the Bank of America donated $1 per download to the (RED) organization founded by Bono which helps raise awareness and funds to eliminate HIV/AIDS in Africa. I love U2 and all the good that they do! And just as I ended class with such beautiful and meaningful, almost somber, music, I also will end this post on a somber note. Today is September 11th, 13 years after the terrorist hijackings of four planes which led to attacks on the World Trade Center Towers in New York and the Pentegon in Washington D.C., and a downed flight in Pennsylvania. We have all been affected in some way by these mindless, senseless, horrific and tragic events. 13 years later, we still remember. God bless everyone who lost a life, a friend, a family member. God bless America! And as I mention blessing, let us count or realize the blessing that we have and take for granted every day. Be grateful for your health! Be grateful for the ability to workout and improve your health! Take advantage of your gym membership. Take advantage of your gym's classes. And come Ride with Tommy! as we work hard, get results, make a difference, and have fun! I love spinning! Whew! Like I said, there was a lot to talk about today. I value the opportunity to teach at one of the best gyms anywhere...Crunch Fitness - Sunset. I hope to see you in class soon! In good health, tommy

No comments: