Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Track List - HIIT The Road, Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 7:00am

1. Like A Prayer (video) - Madonna
2. Industry Baby (video) - Lil Nas X featuring Jack Harlow
3. Mind Elevation - Christian Falk featuring Demetrius
4. Defying Gravity (remix)(from the Broadway musical "Wicked") - Idina Menzel
5. Queen Of Pop Megamix - DJ Robin Skouteris featuring Madonna
6. Made For Now - Janet Jackson featuring Daddy Yankee
7. Don't Stop - DJ D-Sol
8. Rolling In The Deep (remix) - Aretha Franklin
9. Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
Cool Down:
10. Erotica - Madonna
11. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin


If you were in class yesterday or you read my Track List from yesterday's class, you saw that I played some Madonna in honor of her 63rd birthday which was Monday, August 16th. I also played some Arethe in celebration of the release of "Respect", a movie about Aretha's life starring Jennifer Hudson. Well, I continued that today. And then some. I opened class with a video of Madonna's "Like A Prayer". I then followed that with Lil Nas X's "Industry Baby". I think that Lil Nas X reminds me of Madonna a little bit in the way that they both have made big splashes with elaborate videos that have been received quite controversially. As my HIIT The Road classes play a variety of music from the recent decades, I felt that even a cover or remake of a classic can take us back to that time when the original was released. "Don't Stop" was originally by Fleetwood Mac. DJ D-Sol has covered and remade it. I think his version is a lot of fun! Side note, DJ D-Sol is actually David Solomon, an investment banker and the CEO of Goldman Sachs! Interesting! Just like I try to make my classes. Interesting! And fun! And challenging! And intense! And of course, safe by focusing on form. If you haven't been in a while, come join me! I hope to see you soon!

In good health!

tommy

No comments: