Thursday, August 29, 2019

Track List - Sexy Spin, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 7:00am

1. Stomp (video) - God's Property featuring Kirk Franklin
2. Higher Love (video) - Kygo & Whitney Houston
3. Control - Janet Jackson
4. Things Just Ain't The Same (remix) - Deborah Cox
5. I Want You Back - Nsync
6. Broken & Beautiful (remix)(from "Ugly Dolls" soundtrack) - Kelly Clarkson
7. Purple Medley - Prince
8. What About Us (remix) - Pink
9. It's No Good (2007 remaster) - Depeche Mode
10. Coming Back - DJ Dado
Cool Down:
11. I'm Going Down - Mary J. Blige
12. Lover - Taylor Swift
13. Slide Away - Miley Cyrus


Happy anniversary! I celebrated 21 years as an instructor this morning in class by including a few of the songs that I actually played in my first spin class ever as an instructor back on August 2, 1998! But I also mixed it up with a few of my recent remix obsessions to keep it from being all about the past! It has been a while since I played "Stomp" by God's Property featuring Kirk Franklin. There's very little that'll get you up and jumpin' like a good ol' gospel song! And I followed that up with Whitney Houston's new one. Yes, you read that right! Her NEW one! A recently released recording of Stevie Winwood's hit that never made it onto one of her albums. Whitney's estate, run by her sister-in-law, had the uber-hot DJ, Kygo, remix it and then they released it for us all to enjoy. Which I totally have! And I finally got to enjoy it with everyone in class this morning! I also love Kelly Clarkson's "Broken & Beautiful" from the animated film, "Ugly Dolls". It was not a huge hit, but I love it and really enjoy the remix! I also threw in the Purple Medley by Prince along with a couple of iconic dance hits, "Things Just Ain't The Same" by Deborah Cox (iconic in her own right!) and "Coming Back" by DJ Dado. Fun! And such great runs! And we climbed to what is still one of my favorite hills, "It's No Good" by Depeche Mode. And I can never get enough of Janet! And Nsync! And Pink! A bunch of my favorites! All while doing one of my favorite things...teaching spin! 21 years is a long time! I never thought I'd be doing it this long. But I always said, when I stop having fun doing it, then I won't do it anymore. Well, I still LOVE doing it! So I guess I'll be here a little longer. And I hope you will join me in class soon! Ride with Tommy! Just do it. It's good for you! And fun!

In good health,

tommy

No comments: