Friday, October 03, 2014

Track List - Sexy Spin, Thursday, October 2, 2014

1. Weekend - Janet Jackson
2. All I Wanna Do - T. Mills
3. Life In A Northern Town (remix) - Dream Academy vs. Dario G
4. Melt With You - Modern English
5. We Can't Stop (remix) - Miley Cyrus
6. Molly - Cedric Gervais
7. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) - U2
8. Rocket Man (remix) - Elton John
9. Secrets (remix) - Mary Lambert
10. I Melt With You - Modern English
11. Life In A Northern Town - Dream Academy
12. Don't Tell Me We Can't Stop (live mashup) - Madonna & Miley Cyrus

Structure. I recently told someone that one of the things that sets my classes apart from others is the structure I provide. There is an emphasis on proper form. There is an emphasis on commitment to the resistance level and to the pace of the pedal stroke. There is an emphasis on movement, whether it be the basic pedal stroke, jumps, presses, the squeezing of the abs and obliques, or even the minimization of unnecessary (wild and crazy) upper-body movement. There is an emphasis on control. I, as the instructor, create specific challenges that change from one to the next. Hills. Runs. Jogs. Then you, as the rider, have to commit to these challenges as much as you can based on your own personal experience and fitness level. And all of this is introduced within the confines of commitment to the workout while committing to, again, the proper form and safety. So there is a definite structure to my classes. A structure that includes changing the workout from one challenge to the next smoothly and as seamlessly as possible. I do not instruct to just go all out the entire ride without committing to these basic elements that make a class as efficient, effective, and productive as possible. I believe that is unsafe. And it certainly does not provide the most return on energy invested. It certainly does not force your body to change in reaction to the change in the workout that both you and I create in class. I believe that it is this reaction of your body to the changes in challenges, resistance levels and movement that provide a better overall workout. Your heart rate is increased. You burn more calories. You can burn more body fat. You can get stronger. You can improve your overall cardiovascular fitness. I provide the framework within which you can commit to getting the best "YOU" possible. But I don't do this blindly. I educate riders as we go along so that there is an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. I want you to learn to commit as much as you can so that you can get the most results that you can. But I also want you to learn as much as you can as to what you are doing, how best to do it, and then how to do it as it becomes "second-nature". It will take less and less energy to learn the control, the focus, the commitment so that you can spend more energy on increasing the level to which you commit to the challenges. In so doing, you can definitely get more out of your workouts. You can get those results that you have worked so hard on for so long. You can become a better rider. You can become better in your own eyes, both mentally and physically. This is what I hope for you. This is why I provide structure. To make it as easy for you to work as hard as you can and to achieve as much as possible. Together we can do this. So, let's do this. Together. Through structure. And through the Ride with Tommy! Thanks for trusting me to help you take this Ride, this journey. We will all come out of the process better for having gone through it. See you soon! In good health, tommy

No comments: