Thursday, June 12, 2014

Track List - Sexy Spin, Thursday, June 12, 2014

1. Happy (remix) - Pharrell Williams
2. Remember The Name - Fort Minor featuring Styles Of Beyond
3. Neon Lights (remix) - Demi Lovato
4. Come Get It Bae - Pharrell Williams
5. I'll Be Around - Cee Lo Green featuring Timbaland
6. Pony - Ginuwine
7. Never Say Goodbye - Hardwell & Dyro featuring Bright Lights
8. Countdown - Beyoncé
9. Applause (remix) - Lady Gaga
10. Everything Is Awesome - Tegan And Sara featuring The Lonely Island
11. Who You Are - Jessie J
12. Back To California - Steve Grand
13. Somewhere - Barbra Streisand

And this morning's Sexy Spin was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who made it to class and contributed to the energy that fills up the room and helps push, motivate, encourage and inspire everyone to do their best. There were 2 brand new riders in class this morning. And as so many of you know that ride with me on a consistent basis, I welcome newcomers! I feel it is my job...my duty...my obligation...my responsibilty to make class accessible to those new to spinning. At the same time, I also feel like it is my job, duty, obligation and responsibility to make class as challenging as possible to experienced riders. So this may sound conflicting, it really isn't. That is why I take so much time at the beginning and throughout class to go over proper form. Sure, for experienced riders, it can be a little monotonous or boring. But if I can reach 1 person that may have been too embarrassed to raise their hand at the beginning of class when I ask if it is anyone's first time or that has never had an instructor really show them how to set up and ride properly, safely, effectively and efficiently on a bike, then I am proud of the job I have done. I hope by reaching that 1 person that they may be started on a path of happy, successful and result-filled riding for many years to come! Besides, even experienced riders can benefit from an occasional reminder regarding proper form so that old habits are not fallen back into! But in no way do I forget about my experienced riders. I have some people that have been riding with me since I began teaching almost 16 years ago! Yes, some people that started spinning with me at Todd Tramp's Bodysculpting LA back in August 1998, are riding with me here at Crunch Fitness - Sunset in 2014! That is something that I think is so cool and a responsibility that I do not take lightly. As I often say in class, I am so often inspired by, motivated by, humbled by and in awe of people that ride with me. I am grateful that you have placed your trust in me to lead a workout that challenges you. I feel responsible to be creative, to be aware and to be open to the possibility to connect to each rider so that a positive change can be achieved. And I want each rider in my class to achieve so much...to achieve that positive change...to obtain results...to move closer to obtaining their personal goals. I have been blessed with the position to be an instructor. I am grateful for it and humbled by it. I am motivated to improve. I want to make that first-timer feel welcome and confidant. I want to make that experienced rider feel like they accomplished more than they have before. I hope this comes through in my classes and that this is why you ride with me. So, thank you! And I look forward to riding with you soon! In good health!

No comments: