Monday, June 02, 2008

Save the date: Thursday, June 5, 2008 - Sexy Spin: A Sordid Underwear Affair

Be sure to make plans to attend Sexy Spin this Thursday, June 5th at 7:00am at Crunch on Sunset! Cast members of the upcoming Sordid Lives: The Series which begins airing on LOGO July 23rd will be riding in class! We will be playing new and unreleased music from the soundtrack of the series by Debby Holiday, Scotty K, Guy B and Olivia Newton-John! We will be giving away great prizes including a pair of tickets to the opening night of Spring Awakening at the Ahmanson Theatre, a photo shoot with famous photographer James Franklin, and a free ticket to Tom Whitman's Wonderland at the Sunset/Gower Studios! Of course, Sunstyle Tanning, Official Sponsor of Sexy Spin, will be there as well! And we will be increasing awareness for The Underwear Affair, a 10k run/5k walk taking place on August 2nd that will raise funds for research to beat cancers that occur below the waist (testicular, cervical, colorectal, ovarian, prostate, bladder, uterine) All of this fun will be going on but you can be assured that you will still get the intense and form-focused class that you have come to expect. See you Thursday, June 5th, 7:00am at Crunch!

In good health,

tommy




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy. I'm really a big fan of your class, and have been coming regularly, but lately I've been feeling like I'm constantly being bombarded by promotions: your friend's CD, TV show, tanning salon, charity, etc. I'm probably not the only exec (film, TV, or music) who comes to class partly to escape from a long week of being "pitched to," wanting just lose yourself in a killer workout. I love that you really bring a lot to class and really want us to have a good time, but it would be fantastic if we could focus more on the workout than on all the external stuff.

Thanks!

Tommy said...

Dear Anonymous, thanks for your comment! I really appreciate all comments. I'm sorry you feel like you are being bombarded with promotions. I really only try to do special classes like this morning every few months or so, and when I do, I am extremely aware and try very hard to continue to offer the same intense, form-focused, fun class. I realize that that is the only reason I am teaching an indoor cycling class, so I work very hard to remain true to that. That being said, one must realize how important it is to be different. In a glutted marketplace, one must strive to stand out and make their product the best and ultimately the one that is chosen. My goal as an instructor is to continuosly provide that same intense cardio workout in an environment that is fun and different. And almost everytime that I do a class that is a "promotion", I try to benefit some type of charity so that a certain amount of goodwill is generated. I also make it very clear when a class is going to be a little different so that everyone who attends class is aware of what is going on. This morning's class was completely full. This was the first time that every bike was taken since I have been teaching this time slot (including when the class was at 6:30am). And if I turned one person on to indoor cycling as a way to better their health and increase their cardiovascular exercise while making one more person aware of a very worthwhile cause or charity in a very fun and safe environment, then I feel like I have accomplished something. So please rest assured that I will continue to provide the same intense class with a variety of workouts (hills, runs, jogs, jumps, presses, etc.) to a variety of music while trying to make the class as different, fun and rewarding as possible. Again, thank you for your comment; I love getting feedback. I hope that you continue to commit to the type of workout where you can get lost in the music and killer workout even when there is the occasional external stuff to make the class as different and fun as possible.

In good health,

tommy