Thursday, February 15, 2018

Track List - "Makeup vs. Breakup" (Post Valentine's Day) Sexy Spin, Thursday, February 15, 2018

1. United State Of Pop 2017 (How We Do It)(mashup of the top 25 hits of the year according to Billboard magazine)(video) - DJ Earworm
2. I Will Always Love You (remix) - Whitney Houston
3. Bye Bye Bye (remix) - Nsync
4. When I Love You Oughta Know (mashup) - DJ Maya Jakobson featuring Alanis Morissette, David Guetta & Justin Timberlake
5. I Can't Make You Love Me (remix) - Ester Dean
6. We Belong Together - Mariah Carey
7. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (remix) - Taylor Swift
8. Un-Break My Heart (remix) - Toni Braxton
9. I Would Die For You - Prince
Cool Down:
10. Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Madonna
11. I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt
12. I'm Not Supposed To Love You - Bryan White

I had so much fun putting together this morning's track list for my first-ever "Makeup vs. Breakup" Ride! I mean, it is the day AFTER Valentine's Day. I think it is a legitimate comparison! After the opening mashup video of the top hits of 2017 by DJ Earworm, we got right to the competition. I tried to alternate the "makeup" and the "breakup" songs. Most were pretty obvious in their point of view, but some were a little confusing. The mashup of "When I Love You Oughta Know" providing Alanis Morissette's expected bitter, angry turn along with David Guetta's "When Love Takes Over" and Justin Timberlake's "Like I Love You" provides contrasting outlooks. The title of Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" would lead one to believe this would be a true love story for the ages. The lyrics contradict that impression as it relates to a relationship that has already ended, however one-sided. The Ride was awesome. The energy in the room was incredible. I want to thank everyone for being there this morning and for your support, commitment and participation. By an overwhelming response, it appears that the "breakup" songs won by providing more energy and relatable lyrics. Maybe it is the power of the desire for positive change after a bad experience that is put into the "breakup" songs that makes them so popular in spin class...in life! Whatever the reason, let's commit to that desire for positive change in the Ride with Tommy! No matter from where you have come, I look forward to sharing the Ride with you and making positive changes...in your workout, your body and your life! Thanks!

No comments: